Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Winter Wonderland

It started snowing before we left for school this morning and it's been snowing all day. The weather man said we haven't had a snow like this in 20 years. We just don't know what to do with ourselves. The kids at school were crazy. Most of them have never seen snow before. We got to leave school at 1:00 and we don't have to go in tomorrow until 10:00.
My goofy kids couldn't wait to get home so they could play in the snow. Of course, the first thing they did was start throwing snowballs at each other.


They did decide to put on some warm clothes. It took awhile for us to find gloves and caps and those things since we don't have much reason to wear them around here.

Check out Tom's teeth. No braces! I've been noticing teeth lately and I just have to say, "Parents, get your kids teeth fixed!" Have you noticed all the bad teeth in the Olympics? We've been watching every night and it's just something I can't help but notice. You would think that if you have the money to train an Olympic athlete that you could pay to fix your kids teeth. Now, Apollo Ono and Evan the figure skater have beautiful teeth, but there are others that make me cringe.


Katie has a ways to go before her braces come off, but I can tell they are going to be beautiful.




This is a Texas snowman. You can tell by all the dirt, twigs and leaves rolled into the snow. By this time tomorrow the snow will all be gone. It's been fun to watch and to watch the kids have such a good time. It may be 20 years before this happens again.



2 comments:

  1. Tom's teeth really are beautiful. I know Katie's will be too. I'm glad you are all having fun in the snow. I am going to go enjoy the fire your Dad has built in the fireplace. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Tom I love his new braceless smile. Not that I didn't love it before. There was a lady working at the bookstore today whose teeth were so bad I could NOT look her in the face.

    ReplyDelete