Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

The Christmas season is very busy around here. I've put up a few decorations. Our house is decorated to be handicap accessible. Tom didn't want me blocking any pathways with something like a tree. So I didn't put up a big tree, just lots of little ones.

We've had something to do almost every night since the first of December. Salado always kicks off the season with a parade. I've taken the kids to the parade for the last 12 years. Sometimes they are in the parade and sometimes we just watch. This year Tom was supposed to march with the band, but since he has the crutches, he waited for them at the Civic Center and they played Christmas carols during the lighting of the tree. Katie had a basketball tournament that she played in that night. They ended up getting 3rd in the tournament. (I forgot to rotate the picture before posting it.)

This past Monday night, Tom was inducted into the National Honor Society and he had a band concert.

Katie had a basketball game Tuesday night. They won.
Tonight was the church youth Christmas Party. They were told to wear a tacky Christmas sweater, so my kids raided my closet to find something appropriate to wear. I'm still insulted that they think these sweaters are tacky. I took the shoulder pads out years ago.


Katie got her braces off today. Look at that gorgeous smile! Tom has beautiful teeth, too. He just never lets anyone see them.
Tomorrow night, Alan and I work at a basketball tournament and Katie plays in another tournament this weekend. I can't think about next week yet. Just get me through this one.



1 comment:

  1. 1.) I would have come watch Tom get in the NHS and see his band concert.

    2.) Those are some tacky sweaters. I gave mine to charity years ago.

    3.) I see you are very busy and Katie has a tournament this weekend. Does this mean you will not be able to come to Jake's party? I just need a head count for dinner.

    4.) Take a deep breath. You can relax over Christmas in Amarillo! Kim

    ReplyDelete