Saturday, January 15, 2011

Just Call Her "K Squared'

Basketball season started in November and I can't believe I haven't posted any pictures of Katie playing yet. This is her first year of high school basketball and she loves it, and even though I'm her mom and my opinion doesn't count much, I think she's awesome. They started district play in January. Our school district moved up to 3A this year so the kids are playing teams they've never played before. We are a very small school compared to the others in our district. These other towns all have stop lights and HEBs and Walmarts. We are a very small fish.
Our girls are doing great though. Their district record so far is 2-1. They beat Lampasas and Taylor. Last night they lost by one point to Llano.

Katie is really playing well. She great on defense. I love it when she steals the ball and makes a break for the basket and makes a beautiful lay up, right or left handed. She can jump like a kangaroo and she's getting better at rebounding. Have I bragged enough? Remember, I'm her mom, I can brag some.


There is another Katie on the varsity team and the coaches decided they needed a nickname for my Katie to avoid confusion during practice. So they tried several different ones out and have apparently settled on K-Squared. They should have asked me. I have plenty of nicknames for her although she probably wouldn't want to be called "Sugar Booger" on the court.



1 comment:

  1. Katie is such a good player. Grandpa and I are so proud of her and Tom. We can hardly wait to see her play. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete