Sunday, July 18, 2010

Cousins Camp

Today was the beginning of the 9th Runamuka Cousins Camp. I find it hard to believe that it's been 9 years since it first started. That means Tom was 6 and Katie was 5 the first year it started. If I counted right, there are 14 kids from the age of 6 to 15 this year.

They always have so much fun and the memories they make are priceless. I didn't have cousins close to my age so I'm just a little envious of them. They are part of a wonderful and close knit family that they probably don't fully appreciate now, but some day, they will think back on these days at camp and realize they were part of something really special. Not only do they have their Pa and Nana with them, but they also have some very special great-aunts. Kay, Ann, Suzie, and Pam are there now and Alice will be there later in the week.

What do I do while my children are at Cousins Camp? Home remodeling, of course. For the 9th year in a row, I have projects at the house to do. We are getting close to being finished with the whole thing. We need to finish the dining room and redo the kids bathroom, then we will be FINISHED! When I say close, though, that could still mean another year or two of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment