Sunday, June 5, 2011

Catching Up

After a really long absence from writing my blog, I'm going to start again and try to catch up. I've disappointed my 3 regular readers and I'm very sorry. It's not that I haven't had anything to write about. My family provides ample subject matter for me to record and my husband has a new camera and has taken at least a million pictures. The truth is that I've been lazy. I'll admit it.


Alan's brother, Warren, was here this weekend with his family. Since we were all together, we celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday. She will be 70 this month. I really thought we should have put 70 candles on her cake, but no one else thought that was a good idea. So instead, we gave her a list of 70 things we remember or appreciate about her. I guess that's better than starting a fire in the house.
Tom and Katie got to spend some time with their cousins. Somehow we missed getting a picture of Grace and Frannie, but we got a lot of Eleanor and Sam.

They don't get to see each other very often so they really enjoy it when they do get together.




This was also the weekend for Dottie's family reunion. This is Dottie and her brother Bob with most of their kids and grandkids.





It's been a really nice weekend with family. I'm going to get my nephew and neice tomorrow for a couple of days so the fun will continue.
















2 comments:

  1. well, i'm glad you're back! when did tom start smiling in pictures?? tell him he's cute! kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is good to see your blog again. The picture is so good. I tried to print one out. It turned out pretty good but I really don't know what I'm doing. Anyway, we were glad to hear from you on the blog again. Sure glad Dottie had a good birthday. We love all of you. Mom

    ReplyDelete