Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cousins Camp 1

We got to have Jake and Emma over for a couple of days all by themselves, with no parents. I had been telling Kim that when they were old enough, we would have cousins camp at my house. I think Kim was eager for them to come. She called me that morning and asked what time I wanted them there. I said anytime after noon and she said, "OK, we'll be there at 12:01.

My kids have been going to Camp Runamucka (Kyle Cousins Camp) for about 10 years. In order to go to Camp Runamuka you have to meet some guidelines.

1. You must be potty trained.

2. You must be at least 4 years old.

3. You must be able to swim.

4. You can't cry for your mommy.

I think those are good guidelines. Jake qualifies for camp. Emma does not. So we bent the requirements for her. I changed her diaper, but she always told me when to do it. She's only 2 but that didn't hold her back in any way. She loves to swim, especially if Katie is holding her. She never once cried for her mommy.

She told me on the first day, "I like Katie. I like Tom. I like Alan. I like Cheryl. I do not like Chico.
Poor Chico. No one likes him much. He's mellowing a little with age, but now he's just like a grumpy old man. Chico spent most of Cousins Camp sitting on the porch looking in through the window.


The kids were great campers. I forgot to take pictures until it was time to go. They did not want to pose for pictures.



I had to wait quietly for a long time before Emma lifted the blanket off her head.





Jake would not smile. He started talking in different voices and I had to guess who I was talking to. Somtimes he is Spiderman and sometimes he is Iron Man.


I really enjoyed having them. We will have a Cousins Camp 2.







1 comment:

  1. Praise God for cousins camp! I'm glad to hear there will be a number two. Kim

    ReplyDelete