Saturday, May 15, 2010

8th Grade Graduation

We reached another milestone this week. Katie graduated from 8th grade. Starting next fall, we will have both kids in high school. It doesn't seem possible but that's where we are.


Before we have any more graduations, I want to get a better camera. The one I have is so slow. If anyone is moving, the pictures are blurry, so I didn't get a good picture of her on stage. I asked her beforehand if she would please stop while she was on stage so I could get a good picture and she said that Mr. Miller already told them they weren't doing that. They had over 1oo graduates and they weren't going to wait while every momma got a good picture. So, this is all I got.

Katie and I went shopping for a new dress. We spent one evening trying on dresses. We got pedicures and went out to eat. I love spending time with her like that. It is such a wonderful thing to realize that I really like my kids. I look forward to times that we can be together and just enjoy their company and listen to what they have to say. I know that time is going by so fast and I want to make the most of the time we have with them now.

I love this dress she picked out. Of course I think she was the most beautiful girl at the graduation.



Katie, I love you and I know that you have an amazing future ahead of you. High School will bring many new experiences and I know that you are ready for the challenges. I can't wait to see how you blossom over the next 4 years. I just don't want it to go by too fast.


2 comments:

  1. She had to be the most beautiful. Wish we could have seen her graduate. You and Alan have reason to be proud of such a beautiful family. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, i love her dress! can't believe she's going to high school next year. crazy! kim

    ReplyDelete