Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009

Today is the last day of 2009. A new year begins tomorrrow. I started this blog thinking that it would be a good thing to document a year as it happens. I've never been good about writing things down, but I'm going to give it a try. So before I start the new year, I want to quickly look back over this past year and note some of the memorable things that happened.




The year started, in March anyway, with a new addition to our family. Emma Mae was born. That's my sister, Kim, holding her. She is such a sweety. It is going to be so much fun to watch her and her brother Jake grow up.



Tom graduated from 8th grade in May. We are so proud of him. The medal he is wearing is for being commended on his TAKS tests and the certficate is for the Eagle award. The Eagle award is given to one boy and one girl for being an outstanding student and a leader in their sport, someone who takes instruction well and has a good attitude.


Katie turned 13 in May which means we now have 2 teenagers in the house. She makes us very proud, too. She makes good grades and she is an excellent basketball player. I love to watch her play. I couldn't play any sport, so I'm amazed and a little jealous of people who can.


Summer of 2009 was so much fun. We took a trip to Galveston and just relaxed on the beach for a few days. The kids and I went to Atlanta with the church youth group. Katie had basketball camp and Tom had Scout camp. We went to Colorado where we went whitewater rafting, hiked, swam in the hot springs, the guys kayaked down the river, horseback riding, and we went on a 4-wheeler ride that ended with a steak dinner. The kids also got to spend a week each with their grandparents in Amarillo and they went to the Kyle Cousins Camp. Tom started football workouts and band practice in August so we had to stay home after that.



Tom played football on the Freshman team this year. I love watching him play, although when he is playing, I have no idea what is happening in the game. He is a lineman and never touches the ball, but my eyes are always on him, so I don't see what is happening with the ball.
I left so many things out. 2009 was a great year for us and I know 2010 will be also.




No comments:

Post a Comment