Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Stroll


My tree is up (the fake one). My eye finally looks normal for the first time in three days so a real tree is just not something I should have in my house. Last night was the first night of the Salado Stroll and we took the kids and our neighbors and ventured into the cold. It was really cold. We even had a snowstrom yesterday afternoon. It only lasted 10 minutes but it really did snow.
I took this picture and then the kids took off. It is not cool to be seen with a grown up at the stroll. The boys went one direction and the girls another and Alan and I were left to fend for ourselves. We found a booth that was selling Pork Chop on a Stick. I've never heard of such a thing, but usually anything served on a stick is worth a try. It was delicious and I highly recommend it. We went from there straight to the Funnel Cakes which for me is a little taste of heaven.
Most people go to the stroll to shop. For me, it was all about the food.

1 comment: