Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Spirit


There is not one Christmas decoration in my house yet. I've never waited this long to put up a tree. The truth is, after Thanksgiving, I just didn't want to. I enjoyed Thanksgiving so much and I just wasn't ready to rush head long into Christmas.
My attitude has changed now. I spent the morning with my Kindergarteners at the Christmas Tree Farm and now I really want a real Christmas tree. Never mind the fact that my right eye is almost swollen shut because I'm so allergic. I want a real tree! I think I can load up on enough allergy medicine to get me through.
Then tonight was the annual Salado Christmas Parade. It lasts about 15 minutes, and I love every minute of it. I don't know why but parades make me cry. I sit there waving at all the people I know who are in the parade and I fight back the tears. It happens every year. I think maybe it's because I think it's so cool to live in a town where you actually know the people in the parade.
When the parade was over, I went to the church to ring bells. Tonight was the Community Chorus concert and they asked us to ring before the concert so I spent 30 minutes ringing Christmas Carols like Jingle Bells, Sleigh Ride and We Wish You a Merry Christmas. So now I am completely in the Christmas spirit.
Tomorrow I get the afternoon off. Several moms are taking my class for me and I am going Christmas shopping unless we have the blizzard tonight that is being pedicted, then I'll stay home and decorate. I'm pretty sure the Christmas Farm people will tie the tree to the top of my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment