Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break

This is a working Spring Break for us. There is still so much to do on the house, but it's really coming along faster than I thought. Alan comes home and works every evening. He is laying the tile in the kitchen now. My job is to paint. That's about all I can do and I don't do that very well.

What do you think of this orange wall? I really like it. It's just one wall. Orange is my new favorite color so when I have a new favorite color, it will be easy to change. Katie suggested we hang family photos on it because everyone else has a wall with family photos except us. That little frame on the wall has an "E" on it. I also have one with a "K", "Y", and "L". I found those at Hobby Lobby and thought they would look nice on the orange wall. I love Hobby Lobby. You can find great stuff there, and if you can be patient, everything goes on sale.
I don't know what this is about. I saw the girls walking through the yard dressed like this and told them I had to take their picture. I think they've got too much time on their hands. They need to go back to school.
My niece, Emma, turned 1 last Friday. We went to her party on Saturday. Kids parties
are great, especially when it's not at my house. Not really, I loved doing parties for my kids when they were little. I loved plannning them, decorating, baking, and making party favors. Now they just want cash.
My sister made some really yummy cupcakes and had her house decorated for the party. She has lots of parties ahead of her to plan.

My kids also had a car like Emma's. Now Tom is 15 and it won't be long before he is behind the wheel of a real car. I have very mixed emotions about that. I know he has to learn how to drive but I'm really not ready. Come to think of it, I guess I've never been "ready" for the big milestones, and they happen whether I'm ready or not, so I just better get over it.

1 comment:

  1. i love the orange wall! we should go to hobby lobby together the next time ya'll come down.

    ReplyDelete