Friday, March 19, 2010

Tom's Birthdays

Emma's 1st birthday has made me think about all the parties we have had for Tom and Katie. So I found some old pictures and tried to put them in order. Of course, I never wrote on any pictures so I had to rely on my memory which is not always reliable. The good thing about birthday cakes is they have candles on them, so if I can count the candles, I know which birthday it is.

This is the history of Tom's first 5 birthdays. I'll do Katie's tomorrow.


This was Tom's 1st birthday. I remember he was sick, but that wasn't going to stop me from having a party. Poor little guy. He ate some cake, but I don't think he enjoyed it much.
The 2nd birthday was much better. We celebrated it with his cousin, Grace, who was born the day after he was. This was my first attempt at making and decorating a cake.

On his third birthday, we went to a friend's house and invited a whole bunch of little kids. It was a cowboy theme and all the kids wore cowboy hats. We thought the kids were old enough to play games, but it didn't work so well. 3 is just a little young for organized play.


On the 4th bithday, we were in Dallas to watch a Cowboy's game, so we had a party in the hotel room. Memaw and Grandpa were with us.



I think this is the 5th birthday. It's hard to count the candles in this picture. I do remember this cake though. I wasn't going to do it, but at the last minute, I had a change of heart and decided to go ahead and make it. I already had the dog shaped pan and I thought I really should use it. It was during the making of this cake that I thought it would be so much easier to buy one already made. I had been making cakes for Katie, too, and I just reached my limit. All the birthdays after this have store bought cakes and you know what? Nobody cares. Kids just like having a party. They don't usually slow down long enough to eat the cake anyway.




1 comment:

  1. hey, i was there at birthday number four too! although for the life of me i don't remember the third birthday and i thought i had made all of them until i moved. i love your homemade cakes! but it really is too stressful to try to make them. i'll probably be buying from now on too.

    ReplyDelete