Thursday, March 25, 2010

Then and Now

Alan and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary yesterday. It's hard to believe it's been that long, until I started looking at wedding pictures and realized that we really are a lot older. I don't feel a lot older, but I sure do look it.


This was our engagement picture. We were 26 years old and we were both living and working in Temple. I was teaching school and Alan was working at Texas Instruments. We had been introduced about a year and a half before our wedding by a mutual friend. We met at the Academy SPJST Hall. I have no idea what that stands for, but they had a dance almost every weekend and my singles group from First Baptist Church went dancing there on a regular basis.
So, our friend brought Alan along one time and the rest is history.
We got married at the First Baptist Church in Temple. I really must apoligize to my bridesmaids for the dresses. What is it about a bride that makes her lose her mind and dress her very best friends in something she would never wear herself? I am so sorry. One of my friends was even pregnant and I still made her wear this. My sister is the only bride that I've been involved with that made a good decision. She picked a color, but we got to pick our style. So I was able to pick something I really liked.

Here we are leaving the church on our way to a new life together. I have to say, it's been good. We spent the first 8 years on our little farm in Jarrell and the last 12 have been here in Salado.


I was a lot skinnier back then and Alan had more hair, but we've got 2 great kids, a house that we're fixing up, and a great community to live in. It's a good life.



2 comments:

  1. You sure made a good decision on the groom. I couldn't have picked a better son-in-law if you had left it up to me. We both love him very much. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I loved that dress at the time by the way, but those sure were some big, poofy sleeves! Kim

    ReplyDelete