Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Look Who's 46!

OK, so I'm 46, too, but every year from December 28 to January 20, I have to listen to cracks about my age and how I'm older than he is. So now, once again, we are equal.

Isn't this picture great? Alan thinks he was about 3 when this was taken. He just looks so sure of himself and a little bit cocky. I think if I would have met him when we were 3, I would have fallen for him then. When I met him, he still had the boots and jeans but the tricycle had been traded in for a big red pick up truck. I didn't stand a chance.

We got married when we were 26, so if I've done the math right, this is a big year for us.

On a very sad note, however; the church we got married in burned yesterday. It sounds like the sanctuary was completely destroyed. I haven't gone to see it yet, but I want to. It holds a lot of memories for me.


Happy Birthday, Alan! The red pick up is gone, but you sure are cute in the Miata. I wonder what you'll be driving when you are 66? You'll still be cute. Love ya!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, that is so sweet. He is cute and I'm glad you chose him. But man, you guys are OLD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you married him also. I couldn't ask for better sons-in laws. You be sure and treat him good. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete