Saturday, January 2, 2010

Time Flies

We took the tree down today. It never seems to be up for long and even though it's nice to get everything put back in it's place, I'm always a little sad to see it come down. It means another holiday season is over.

Tom was 2 years old in this picture. He and Katie were always so excited about putting the tree up and decorating it. I would let them hang ornaments and when they weren't looking, I would raise most of them up so it wasn't only the bottom part of the tree that had decorations.


Tom has always liked Christmas. What kid doesn't? But I don't think he ever bought into the whole Santa Claus thing. He is way too logical for that. He thought it out and realized that there was no way one man in a sleigh pulled by flying reindeer could cover the whole earth in one night and deliver presents to every child on the planet. He just wasn't buying that. He tried to explain this to his Kindergarten class. I know this because a friend of mine who had a child in the class called me up and asked if I knew what Tom was telling his friends about Santa. I think he really had some kids worried.
This year, he just had to help me get boxes out of the attic and then put them up again. He didn't want to help decorate. Neither did Katie. I put a little tree in her room like I always have but this year she didn't decorate it or even plug the lights in. I kinda miss that tree with all the ornaments on the bottom. I should have left it that way.

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl,
    You are really inspiring me to soak up everything about my kids at this young stage in their lives...the things that frustrate me now I am going to miss someday.
    I am enjoying your blog.

    Amy (Kim's friend)
    p.s. Tom reminds me of Joaquin Phoenix

    ReplyDelete