Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Siblings


I love these pictures. They pretty much say it all. When the kids were little, one moment all would be right with the world, and before I could bat an eye, someone would be screaming bloody murder. Most of the time, I would never be able to figure out what happened. They tell me now that one of them was always pinching, biting, kicking, or even just looking at the other when my back was turned.
They are both teenagers now and their relationship can still be a little rocky. They are only 18 months apart in age so not much time separates major milestones. Tom would learn to do something for the first time and it wouldn't be long before Katie could do it, too, and that would take the attention off him and focus it on Katie for awhile. Sibling rivalry at it's finest.
Our next big step will be learning to drive. Tom just turned 15 and can get his learners permit. Katie can't wait to drive. She always has a car picked out that she wants to get. She wanted a Silverado pick-up for a long time and then she changed to a Camero. Yesterday she told me that maybe the Silverado would be the better choice because it holds more people, but they can only go up to 120 mph so she's still not sure.
I really enjoy spending time with the kids. We just had our Christmas break so we were all home together and it was just really nice. They weren't begging to do stuff or have friends over. I know a time will probably come when spending time with friends is more important than hanging out with Mom and Dad, so for now I'm going to cherish these moments when we are all together and content.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Tom in that first picture! Katie looks perfectly innocent though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures. Makes me remember Katie's cute little hats. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete